Early childhood is a critical period when it comes to a person’s development.
The changes that occur in this phase at the cognitive, motor, social and health level are crucial. This is why it’s important to ensure a child’s development is following its normal course.
It is widely known that the earlier a developmental problem is uncovered, the greater the chances that a child will succeed in school and in life.
Who are our programs for?
- Children aged 0 to 6 years old.
- All francophone families in the Ottawa region.
What is the intervention?
Who is this program for?
- Francophone children from 1 month to 5 and a half years.
- The screening results and report are shared with the parents and the professionals involved, if applicable, and families are redirected towards additional services as needed.
What types of services are available?
- Screening of language, motor, cognitive and social-emotional development, according to the child’s age.
- Observation of the parent-child relationship to instill the importance of relationships, learning and trust in the child.
What we’ll recommend
- Activities to stimulate your child’s development.
- Referrals to community services.
- Additional services for parent counselling, therapy or living environment.
Safety circle (8 meetings)
In simple and illustrated fashion, parents will learn how their child uses their relationship with them as a basis for comfort and security.
- Learning to recognize your child’s needs and better understand their behaviours.
- Supporting your child’s ability to successfully manage their emotions.
- Improving the development of your child’s self-esteem.
Intervention program aiming to improve the behaviour and social-emotional development of young children. Our services help reduce stress in parents while fostering the child’s growth
- Intervention and childcare training.
How to access our services?
Contact us at 613-789-2240 ext.0, show up in person or submit a service request online.