This program, offered through a partnership with Le Transit school, aims to empower young women so they can take on their responsibilities as adults and independent parents and get their high school diploma.
Who is the Young parents program for?
- Young women aged 14 to 18 years old (pregnant)
- Young mothers aged 14 to 21 years old (with children)
- Young mothers living in Ottawa
- Young mothers who are able to receive services in French.
What types of services are offered?
- Therapeutic help can be individual, in a group or through accompaniment;
- Therapeutic or thematic workshops;
- Support to overcome school, financial, emotional and social problems;
- Access to essential services: food bank, nurses, laundry;
- Life environment interventions, guidance towards community resources, early screenings, etc. are available;
- An individual education program recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Education;
- The Centre d’Appui et de Prévention offers a childcare service through its “Les Petites Frimousses” Education Centre.
How can I join this program?
Contact the program coordinator, Lise Morisset, at 613-748-7328 ext 201 or call reception at 613-789-2240 ext. 0.