Des Amis Pour La Vie (DAPLV) and Grandir Entre Amis (GEA) are school programs designed to prevent anxiety. These programs help children deal with fear, worry and depression, by reinforcing their resilience and self-esteem.
These goals are reached by teaching cognitive, behavioural and emotional skills in a simple, well-structured format.
Who are these programs for?
- Grade 1, 2, 4 and 5 students in French school boards.
What are the program goals?
- Normalize the state of anxiety
- Teach the necessary skills to successfully deal with stress, hardships and changes;
- Reinforce emotional resiliency and problem-solving abilities;
- Foster the creation of friendships and support networks;
- Build confidence and self-esteem;
- Empower children, families and professionals;
- Successfully prevent anxiety and depression in children and youth.